Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I wanted to log in this morning to wish all of my friends and family as well as other blog readers a "Happy New Year" and I hope 2007 is a good year for everyone.

Some of you might already know that 2006 did not end very well for our family. My father fell on the 28th and broke his hip. I ran out of work, packed a quick bag, and got to the hospital as they were prepping him for surgery. He has been progressing well with the physical therapy but had to be transferred from the hospital to an assisted care facility yesterday. That is the new term for "nursing home". My Dad was pretty emotional about it but seemed to understand it was for the best. Mom sent me back home to Plain City so when Dad got nasty yesterday afternoon when he was moved to the facility she bore the brunt on her own. I called all of my aunts and uncles to update them.

I hate to run but the griddle is probably preheated for the bacon and French Toast by now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home