Friday, December 08, 2006

Festive Friday!

There's quite a festive feeling in the office here today. Our engineering department is decorating their area of cubes for the holidays. They have holiday music playing and everyone is jolly and cheerful. I've decorated my door. I have 2 Dale Earnhardt Jr. ornaments (one of the driver and one of the car) and a small stocking in the middle. I like it!

The whole family went to a Christmas party on Wednesday night. The 4th Degree Knights have an annual potluck and white elephant gift exchange and it's a lot of fun. I ate too much and the two glasses of wine left me with a headache the next day. The fun part of the exchange is that you can trade your gift for something someone else has. There was a tray that was really popular; I wasn't impressed by it. Jonnie found a present at the very beginning and he kept it. It was a box of note cards; he and Dad drew pictures on 3 of the note cards and the rest will probably be used after Christmas. The gift I picked was a terracotta skull with a tea light which was horrid! I traded it for a peppermint botanical candle. Jon ended up getting a container of bath fizzies which he kept. We had lots of pumpkin bars left over so Jon took the leftovers to a potluck he went to at lunch over at his old workplace.

I have to drop my car off at the mechanic tonight and pick it up tomorrow. It will be a lot of money but at least the car shouldn't creak and sound like it's going to break in half! We're going to a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning. I hope my indulgences this week don't have too big of an impact on my Sunday weigh-in. Jon's going to let me take some time tomorrow to work out!

That's about all for now so I'd better go and tie up loose ends for the day. Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home