Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Updates!

Hello! We are back from our Christmas trip and back at work today. Time flies when you're having fun as the old saying goes. We came home with full bellies and a van load of stuff. Jonnie got so much that when we were putting things away yesterday, I kept finding things I didn't know he'd gotten!

The big item this year was the driveable Lightning McQueen car. I haven't downloaded any pictures off our camera so go to the Fisher Price Power Wheels web site to see a picture of the car. I guess Jonnie drove it to the end of my father-in-law's driveway but didn't want to drive anymore so he started walking back up the house! Of course, Jonnie got lots of clothes, Thomas the Tank Engine stuff, die cast cars from the "Cars" movie, and loads of other stuff. I really have enjoyed playing "Whack a Mole" perhaps a bit too much!

I'm not sure my husband really liked any of his gifts that he got. How excited can you get when you get jeans and socks? My mother-in-law got Jon some nice shirts but one of them is a tapered cut that doesn't work well with Jon's girlish figure! I got some really great stuff. I got an iPod shuffle which I haven't taken out of the box yet. I also got a Dale Jr. wrist watch but it's too big so we have to take it somewhere to have links removed from the bracelet; it's not anything we can pop out with a screwdriver. I tried to use my Home Depot gift card that I got but they don't allow you to use them for online purchases; blast! I was going to buy myself an actual "Dustbuster".

We had a lot of fun on this trip. I told Jon that I think I enjoyed this year more than previous years despite travelling and such. My brother-in-law, husband, and I played a game of "New Era" Monopoly with niece Nicki and got our butts kicked. This new game features a Starbucks coffee cup, a laptop, and a cell phone as some of the game pieces. The hotels and houses are metallic blue and silver instead of the green and red like the old game. The money is also bigger; we were dealing in the millions! The railroads were replaced by airports, etc. It was fun but it just wasn't the same.

I'd better get back to work! Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home