Saturday, January 06, 2007

General Updates and Random Thoughts

I have some good news on my Dad. Mom told me yesterday that the therapists have given him clearance to walk around the rehab center with his walker without the aid of a therapist or nurse. Mom and Dad took a walk up to the lobby and sat there for a change of scenary. Dad told Mom she should get going because the rain kept getting heavier.

I made a trip to Big Lots last night mostly for something other than work. I found a new FM radio for my Dad. The one I bought him several years ago isn't working quite right and it's not easy to find just a simple radio these days. I got him some mints, a small box of Dulce de Leche Oreos (yum, I got us a box, too), and a PJ set. When I was at Sam's Club this morning, I found a Buckeyes book with the foreward written by Coach Tressel. I bought two copies because I figured Jon would get jealous if I got one for Dad and not him. I got lots of stuff at Sam's this morning but couldn't find the water softner salt and forgot the apple juice (the main reason for going other than chicken nuggets). I bought a case of Perrier in small bottles and found when I got home that something shifted and fell on top of the Perrier and broke 3 bottles. Luckily, everything stayed inside the box which was wrapped in plastic but it was still a mess.

Today is the first time I've finally been able to cry. My emotions have been running wild after my Dad's injury because I know Mom's struggling emotionally as well. I've also been making preparations for different things related to Jon's surgery and recovery. My Mom asked my advice yesterday on whether or not she should cancel doctors appointments that she has since Dad is not home. I told her not to cancel them because she needs to take care of herself. The one appointment is a follow-up on cataracts and she might need to have them removed. I told her if that is the case to tell the doctor that she would prefer to wait until March to have the removed. Given the situation, the doctor should understand and I told her that I can try to make arrangements to come up and help out. After I said that, I realized I need to tell her she can't have surgery on Monday because I have Adoration, I can't come up the first weekend of the month because I usher, and if Jon survives his operation, he'll have matches the 4th Saturday of the month. Jon has Knights meetings mixed in but he's taken Jonnie with him before and people have been really understanding so I don't worry much about that.

Although Jon is here and able-bodied today, I tried to tell Jon that we need to pretend that Daddy is not here today. Jon's hideous camoflouge sweatsuit helps with that; I didn't think there could be anything uglier than SIN but this sweatsuit comes pretty close. I'm getting really nervous about Jon's surgery and how it will turn out. How will I survive 6 weeks of being caregiver to 4 people (2 people at home and 2 people remotely)? Jon is pretty optimistic that he'll make it through surgery and have a full recovery because he's been filling out paperwork this afternoon to allow him to carry his firearms in Pennsylvania because there is a national IDPA match there sometime in the fall. Good Lord, I'm can barely think ahead to March! I've realized that I need to sell the Bluejackets tickets that Jon bought for my birthday (February 15th but the game is the 18th) because if Jon's recover comes along well he could be at the point where he would be able to watch Jonnie so that I could leave for Ashland after work on the 16th and come home on the 18th so I can help my parents out. After tomorrow when I drive up for the day, I won't have a weekend until February 16th that I could go to Ashland.

My cry earlier didn't really help. I need to talk but the two people I talk to are at the heart of why I cried. If I tell my Mom about my feelings, she will feel guilty and I don't want that because she needs my support. If I tell Jon how I feel, he'll tell me to stop worrying and that I'm just stupid. I've tried explaining to Jonnie what is going to happen to Daddy next week but I am not getting through to him. I am so looking forward to Adoration on Monday night because I have a lot on my mind and I hope being in the quiet of the church will help me think through everything and let GOD in on what's going on in my head.

Sorry for babbling; you can probably tell I've got a lot built up and this is a rare outlet that I have. Jonnie sounds like he's trying to destroy the place so I'd better go. Not to mention, I need to get out of the office and away from Jon and his horrid sweatsuit! Take care!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home